Monday, December 06, 2010

Gingerbread, Gingerbread

As big, beautiful snowflakes were falling we were cozy and warm inside enjoying our gingerbread themed weekend. A gingerbread man was sent home from school as a family decorating project. They will be used as part of a show and tell of sorts and then used to decorate the classroom.




It was a fun project and it fit right in with the fun I had planned for the weekend. I picked up this kit at W*l-Mart for $9.00.




This is the first year we have done this and it will certainly become a tradition.

As if we didn't have enough junk while decorating we had these little cuties for snack. Due to time restraints they were purchased at the store. The cute cupcake toppers are rings. I always see the cute themed cupcakes at the store and now I know their decorating secret. The gingerbread rings will be tucked away for another time and I will be keeping my eyes open for other cute rings.


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




4 comments:

  1. Fun! Fun! Fun! Loved how her Gingerbread man matched your gingerbread house. Great timing of a special gift from God? My vote is great gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gingerbread man turned out so cute!! Great job on the house, we've tried several years but the icing doesnt always hold that they give you. Sometimes we use the reg icing for cake and graham crackers make good house too. :-)Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan looks so proud of her gingerbread man.
    You are creating wonderful memories for her!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast! Love Megan's pigtail braids too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!