Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookies, Lights and Some Sunhine

After dinner on Friday we headed out to drive around and look at lights. Megan was snug in some warm pajamas then popcorn was popped. A few M&M's were added to the bag for fun!


I didn't have any brown lunch bags and I had a moment of panic. Then I remembered some bags that I used as treat bags at a past birthday party. Whew!


This is our favorite home to visit. It is decorated in memory of their late grandson. There is Christmas music playing and Santa's sleigh flies across the roof every few minutes. Megan loves that and I must admit that I enjoy it too!

Saturday Megan and I headed to my parents for our annual cookie baking day.


Megan with cousins Lauren (middle) and Kayla. This was the sprinkle happy table!!


Nieces Katie and Alison creating some master pieces.


Mexican wedding cakes are my favorite cookie. I only have them at Christmas and it is a treat I look forward to each year. Do you have a favorite cookie?

My honey ran to the store to pick up a few things for baking day (some forgotten items, oops!)and came home with these.



I told him that it feels like there is a little bit of sunshine in the kitchen!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!







5 comments:

  1. We love to drive around and look at the lights as well. What fun and that house looks wonderful! I wouldn't want there light bill however. So nice that you got some summer flowers in the middle of such cold temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cookies, too, Wendi, but for some reason, I rarely make them!

    Those flowers are beautiful--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go by and look at that house, too. We went a couple weeks ago, but they weren't finished decorating. Planning on driving by there one night this week.

    Beautiful flowers!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful home, we enjoy riding around and looking at all the lights too! The cookies look yummy! Looks like lots of fun times :-) Merry Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house is amazing. We love to look @ the lights too.

    I make chocolate snowflake cookies that are great! I guess I should post the recipe sometime...

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!