Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Fun!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Although we were extremely busy Christmas Eve and Day it was a joyous time! My dad has a Christmas Eve birthday and it is a family tradition to have dinner that evening at Olive Garden. We then gather for cake, which was hosted at my home this year. There is always lots of excitement in the air that evening.

Santa is a thrifty shopper and with clearance and thrift store finds the giving was plentiful this year.



Climbing under the tree to retrieve a couple of packages.


The more practical gifts such as much needed socks for Megan, jeans for Daddy and slippers for me were wrapped.

Besides Christmas morning we had three other gathers. We spent Christmas Eve afternoon at my mother-in-law's.




She couldn't wait to try these out!


After we opened our gifts Christmas morning we then went to my father-in-law's.


This is the first time that all of Chuck's step siblings have been there in several years. It was crazy, but fun.

Late afternoon we headed to my parents for dinner and presents. I didn't take one picture while there! I can't believe it.

My family has been abundantly blessed. Although receiving gifts is fun we keep our focus on the true gift!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you need rest after that busy, crazy,fun day. So glad for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! How's she making out with her skates? :-) She looks so pretty all dressed up!
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of family fun! I love your blog, it truly warms my heart and puts me exactly where I need to be. Thank you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!