Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rice Art Turkey

Daddy was working late last night so Megan and I had some fun. I have had this idea saved for a while.




First you mix 1/2 cup rice, 5-8 drops of food coloring and 1 t of white vinegar (this will help the color set) together.


Next you spread the rice onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Make sure to keep the colors separate! Then bake at 200* for 45 minutes. Once cooled the fun begins.

Choose or draw a picture and then paint on some glue. Sprinkle the rice over the glue. I had Megan do this on a cookie sheet so when it was time to shake off the extra rice it was a little bit contained.



The finished guy that has been named Turkey Lurkey. This was a fun project and there is enough rice left over for a couple more afternoons of fun.


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


10 comments:

  1. You are such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, I'm doing this one as well. My grand daughter will be so thirlled! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I hadn't seen this one before. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog very much and I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by to collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. were you a preschool teacher, Wendi? you always have the cutest, kid friendly (ie. EASY!) crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat idea, Wendi!

    We made some cute turkeys the other day at the library using craft feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea!!

    My online recipe swap is up and going....come join in the fun!! PLEASE!! I would love for you to share. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!