Friday, November 26, 2010

Leftover Day

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. The fun started here on Friday with a turkey party at Megan's school.


We spent an enjoyable Thanksgiving at my parents home. Lots of food, family and laughs.

Today will be spent puttering around home. The Christmas tree will go up and of course there will be plenty of leftovers to munch on. Farm Chick from Fresh From The Farm is hosting a recipe swap on Fridays and I thought I would join in this week. Nothing fancy, just a quick, simple way to use up some of those holiday leftovers.


Spread out a package of crescent rolls and pinch the seams together. I then cover with chopped up ham, turkey or whatever is leftover and top with cheese. Roll up and then slice the roll. Bake at 375* for approximately 7 minutes.


It beats your average ham and cheese sandwich.


Christmas cards are done and ready for the mail. I love sending and receiving cards. For me it signals the start of the season.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast. My cards were sent out al ready, but our tree will not go up for another 2 weeks. The rest of the house will be decorated today. It's freezing rain up here and I do not like lines so we are home decorating. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed you have your cards done already! That's on my to-do list.

    We're putting our tree up today, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummmmmmm....that looks awesome. Thanks so much for joining my recipe swap. :)

    Have a wonderful family filled weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those cards all sealed and ready to go!! Inspiring!! I'm usually sealing those up a month from now! Megan is so cute...looks like a fun party. And, yes, "leftover day" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leftover recipe looks good - and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!