Monday, November 01, 2010

Fun, Fun Weekend!

We hit the ground running on Friday and keep running until we crashed last night. Friday was Megan's first school party. It was a Farmer Party and her teacher put a lot of thought into it. For activities there were four stations.




I was the lucky mom who got to man the cookie decorating table. It was just a little messy!


Another station was stuffing a scarecrow. When the last group went to that station they had a class picture. Notice the little guy to the left at the table. He stuck out his tongue in every picture!


There was a station to shuck corn and then you were able to take it home.


My favorite activity was canning corn. There was a bowl of candy corn that the kids scooped into a canning jar and put on a sticker saying they had canned corn. I thought that was very creative. Great job Mrs. F, it was lots of fun!

Friday afternoon there was a play day with some friends we went to China with. Saturday consisted of lots of errands and then yesterday it was time to trick or treat.


Megan dressed up as a clown. Here is a picture taken in the same spot (just a little updated now!) in 1974. I am on the left and was 3 and my sister was 2.




Megan with my nieces ready to hit the road! Although busy it was a great weekend.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

2 comments:

  1. The farmer party was a really cute idea....of course...I could be partial to farmers. ;) Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    the fall party looked so fun! I miss those days of when I use to teach. :-) Love the clown costume!
    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!