Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is the day...

I have to be honest and admit that yesterday did not start out to be my best day. I was short will the kids, had a headache, and just wasn't feeling it. I am sure you can relate to the kind of morning I am talking about.

I prayed for patients, temper control (my fuse was short), and kindness. By lunch time I knew that things were going to change. We enjoyed a nice peaceful lunch and then I laid down the law that everyone was taking a nap. Not just rest, but a nap.


When I went to check in on Megan I had to smile. It looks like she took the "everyone" part literally and put all of her friends to bed!

After a nice rest things were back to normal. Thank goodness!!

When dinner was complete I realized that I didn't empty the dishwasher. I was in a time crunch to be somewhere and thought that it would be more time efficient to just hand wash the dishes.


There is something simple and soothing about hand washing dishes.

Some time was spent outside.


Sweeping up leaves for the fun part.


It seems that jumping in a pile of leaves is timeless.


My parents are out of town and while over checking mail and setting out trash we picked tomatoes. There is the possibility of frost and we wanted to make sure they didn't go to waste.

This day was a great reminder that for life to be good it doesn't have to be perfect.

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I know those days! Love the pics of Megan raking the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    I think we all can relate to what you described. Hope you have a great day today!

    Wow, I can't believe you guys are still picking tomatoes!

    We wash our dishes by hand almost all the time, and only run our dishwasher about once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that! Glad you were able to turn things around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your day got better! :) Cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember very well how those days went. I just wanted to put on my pj's and close all the blinds and wait for the day to end. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about homeschooling. I am definitely praying a lot. Decisions like these are never easy. :-)
    This is a great post, it's these moments we should always treasure.
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love washing my dishes by hand ;)

    BTW, I love your apple clock on the window sill, my kitchen is all red themed and apples :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!