Friday, October 08, 2010

Still Here

I am really terrible at blogging lately. My days have been busy and by the time night is here I am to tired to do a post.

I spent some time this week shopping. One day for groceries. That is another area where I am also slacking. I have been hitting a big box store and not really hunting the deals. I just don't feel like I have the time at the moment. I need to get back into the groove since I know that it does help the bottom line.

I also spent a day shopping for winter clothes for me. Never fun! I needed some long pants. If I could wear Capri pants year round I certainly would. I also looked for some dresses for Megan. The only dresses that I found acceptable where corduroy which Megan doesn't like. I just don't understand why the manufacturers think when a little girl moves from a size 4 to a 5 that you want her to dress like a teenager. To be honest I don't even want her in this kind of clothing when she is a teenager. Ugh!

The family that I have babysat for for years have returned. They are very part time. I only have them for five afternoons this month. The new baby is very fussy and that makes for a long afternoon. I was afraid that he just didn't like me, but mom said no he is just a fussy baby. I prayed yesterday morning for things to get better and yesterday afternoon was better. He was still fussy but I was able to calm his more.

I am also feeling the need to do some fall cleaning. I have started working in our bedroom and hope to have it finished this weekend. Then I will move on to Megan's room. It feels good to purge, clean and organize.

I hope to be better at blogging next week, but if I am not know that I am just living life. I hope you taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

5 comments:

  1. Wendi, DO NOT beat yourself up for not having the time/energy to blog! Life/GOD has a way of slowing us all down at times. I will still be here. I'm still getting ready for fall myself and know just how much work it is! And you have little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing okay...we all understand how busy it is taking care of your family...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. I am still wearing my Capri's and dreading switching over to long pants. I work on mondays and have been getting away with Capri's and I would wear them all year long as well.

    I know how hard it is to find decent girls clothes. I recently had some luck going on ebay. I looked for clothes from Land's end, and found a whole lot of almost new dresses and leggings really cheap for M. She loves them too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi-- If you can spend a little more, you might try Lands End Girls line and Hanna Andersson. They both have cute, soft knit dresses that you could add leggings to as the winter comes. If you look on a coupon site, like RETAILMENOT.COM, you might be able to get free shipping to one or both. I know consignment stores like getting those brands, so you can make some money back...
    Its not much better with boys!! There are too many "questionable" graphics...and our Christian school does not allow certain types of clothing because of offensive advertising!!
    You sound busy...I understand! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really busy around here, too. I think October is always like that for some reason.

    Oh, the world of girls clothing. I know exactly how you feel. I would also suggest Lands End and Hanna Andersson. Hanna has great sales. My daughter is only 8 and she is tall and stocky so she is in a 12 now and it is so hard to find appropriate clothing for her. It doesn't help that her class mates parent's seem to think that some of these clothes are okay- she is starting to want to dress like her friends. It is almost a daily battle here - I had no idea it would start this young. I guess these clothing manufacturer's don't have daughters....

    Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!