Monday, October 11, 2010

A Slow, Soothing Day

Saturday morning I woke up about 7:30. I could hear Megan's excited little voice as she was talking with her Daddy. I laid in bed with a smile on my face as they peeked in and told me they had a surprise.

After a few minutes I started to smell bacon cooking. I walked into the kitchen and Megan told me to go back to bed because it was a surprise. I informed her that I knew what the surprise was because I could smell the bacon. Still she insisted that I leave. When I was called to breakfast this is what greeted me.


Chuck said that it was 100% Megan's idea for them to make breakfast. What a wonderful way to start the day!

Chuck headed out to finish painting the shed. You can see a before picture here.


While he did that I worked on clearing flowers and such away for the winter. I also worked on laundry and did a little cleaning.


I cleaned our bedroom from top to bottom. I cleaned out closets, drawers and even vacuumed under all of the furniture. I will be adding that to my list a little more often! The only bummer is that I ripped the bed skirt while removing it. Off to the mending pile it went. It feels so great to step into a spotless, uncluttered room.

The day was absolutely beautiful! All of the windows were open, the house was quiet and peaceful. I fluttered between puttering inside and out. I recently picked up a couple of things and did a little tweaking.

I don't think this is the permanent home for the blocks, but I couldn't resist putting them out.



Doing little things like this is not something that I always find the time for.


A home cooked meal for the ones I love.

It was the kind of day that sooths and refreshes. Ah! I hope you taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




4 comments:

  1. Love those days when so much gets done. The shed looks wonderful! So glad you got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely they made you breakfast! The shed does look great--enjoy. Is that a lasagna you made?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    Looks like everything went perfectly this weekend and you accomplished so much. I just know you are loving that complete feeling.

    Love that your family surprised you with breakfast, I can think of no better way to start your day.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shed looks great, and the dinner looks so yummy!! :-)

    How sweet they cooked you breakfast in bed! I usually get that on Mother's day. :-)

    Have a great evening!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!