Thursday, October 14, 2010

Glass Storage Love

I've had an idea of adding some glass storage containers to my baking/spice cabinet for a while. The hold back was the price of the containers. I was at Meijer yesterday and ended up with a $20.00 gift card for a new prescription and I had a coupon for $2.50 off an order of $17.00. A perfect time to pick up the containers!


They were priced at $5.99 each. I picked up four, gallon containers and after the coupon and gift card I spent a grand total $1.56. Yes!


I attached a tag with a piece of twine.


I have room for two more containers on this shelf. My favorite jar is the one that holds sprinkles and miscellaneous baking items. This is the top shelf of the cabinet and I was forever knocking the sprinkles over as I searched for the one I wanted. I am so happy with the way this turned out. I just love glass storage jars!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

11 comments:

  1. I like it...looks very nice! WOW...that was a good deal for the jars. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Meijer! I'll have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I've been transferring most of my dry goods to glass jars too. They look so nice setting out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great buy!
    I love those jars, too. I have used smaller jars like those for homemade pancake mix as Christmas gifts, and people seem to appreciate it.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! This is why I come here day after day, you are just full of great eye poping ideas! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great deal! I feel the same about them, like to have more but they can be costly! Looks great on your shelves! :-)
    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi,

    Oooohhh! I LOVE this idea and think it looks so amazing and downright cute. Definitely keeps things fresh, organized and visible. Best thing of all is the money you paid for them.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love glass jars too but like you the price holds me back. What a great deal you got. I pays to be patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so pretty!!! You did a GREAT job!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun--a jar full of sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, Wendy! I have two of those with sugar and flour that I have setting out on my countertop. And you can't beat the price!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!