Sunday, October 03, 2010

Get Away Fun

My family reunion was this past Saturday and we like to make it into a little get away. We headed out Thursday night to spend the weekend at a state park. It is located not far from a small rural town and the park is surrounded by woods. There was time for long walks.


Taking in the sights and sounds of nature. We even spotted a Blue Heron.


There are plenty of Amish in the area. We saw several along the road selling things. Here two ladies were selling vegetables.


You know that you are in a farming community when this is what you see when you reach the end of Main Street!


We took a little drive into a neighboring town and I thought it was beautiful the way you crossed a one lane bridge and there was the courthouse.


I long for life in the country and I am always refreshed when I return from this area. Only God knows if I will someday a home in the country. I hope that you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend, Wendi! Your pictures made me smile as we live in a rural farming community ourselves. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures Wendi, and I just love the Amish lifestyle. We have many of their farms nearby and I love driving through there!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had a nice weekend. I do live in the country and I love it!!! So peaceful and quiet out here. I think I was made for the quiet life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend. That little bridge was so unique!

    I love our country life, but my kids would probably rather be in a neighborhood so they could walk or ride bikes to a friend's house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!