Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day

I hope that you all enjoyed your long weekend. We sure did. I teased Chuck and told him that he gets a Labor Day holiday so he can labor at home!

Faith, our youngest niece, celebrated her first birthday this weekend.


She was so dainty while eating her cake and was not happy to have dirty hands. It was funny to watch.

Sunday evening we went to my parents to take the steps out of their pool. It is hard to believe that it is that time already. It feels like we were just getting the pool ready. After a dinner of my mom's fried chicken we all headed out to the pool.


With the cooler temperatures we have been having the water is too cold for swimming. The girls still had a fun time dipping in their toes. Notice the dryer sheets? That was my sister's idea for mosquito protection!

Monday was spent working outside. While Chuck worked on prepping our shed for paint I painted my potting bench and then gave the back porch a really good clean.


Boy did it need it! I hadn't realized how dirty the siding or windows had become. I am amazed at how clear my view is now. I will have to put outside window cleaning on the list more then just spring and fall.

When I was almost done with the porch a new neighbor came by. He asked us to join his family for an early dinner. They are Mexican and served steak and pork in homemade corn tortillas. Yummy! We had spoken to them in passing and it was great to get to know them better.

Here is the potting bench almost complete.


The buckets are something I got on clearance after Easter. I got them dirt cheap and love the way they look. Eventually I will paint them with chalkboard paint and then I can mark what is in them.

After so much time spent outside I am off to give the inside of my home and little TLC. Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Wendi, heart warming blog and family! There is nothing like being at home, now is there? No matter where we go, we are always ready to be home. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is did those dryer sheets work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Again! I really like the potting bench. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magi,

    The girl were outside for about 45 minutes and no one was bitten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    Your potting bench looks great. I loev that the buckets were *dirt* cheap. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!