Monday, September 20, 2010

A Great Weekend

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. My weekend started out with a play date at a local park Friday afternoon.



The only thing that has changed about this park in twenty years is new paint and mature trees. There are still the old metal slides and merry go round. It was lots of fun and we are hoping to make it a monthly thing.

Saturday was the company picnic for Chuck's work. This year they hosted it at a place that has a pioneer settlement.

One of the great things about this place is that it is very hands on. Megan pretended to pump water.


We watched the blacksmith make nails.


It was such a neat thing to watch!

After lots of walking Megan decided it was break time.


By this time we had walked and walked and it was about all that a four year old could handle. We headed off for a cold drink and then home.

It is starting to look a little bit like fall! We are still having some 90* days, but the mornings and nights are getting cooler.


In my spare time I worked on laundry and changing out Megan's clothes. All of her winter items are washing, ironed and put away. I have a couple stacks of summer clothes to look through and decide if they should be stored for next year or given away. I hope to hit our room this week and do the same thing. We don't have much to switch out, but it is always good to go through things and get rid of items we are no longer wearing.

It looks to be a busy week with school, babysitting, housework and few fun things on my list. I hope that you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the laundry! I just got out from under it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun place to have a picnic. It's still hot here too. I can't seem to think about it being fall yet because it still feels too much like summer.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!