Sunday, September 26, 2010

Concrete Time

Any ideas what was done with all of this?


Sixty bags or as Chuck likes to tell me 3600 lbs of concrete. Remember a few years ago when I posted about a leak in a drain pipe? Well, the hole has been here for what seems like forever. Chuck did use scrap wood to cover it so it wasn't like we were falling in the hole while on the back porch.

We don't have credit cards and needed the funds to finish this project. You know how it goes... when we had the time there was no money and when there was money there was no time. Finally time and money came together to get this done.

Megan loves to help out. She carried down a piece of 2x4 that was used as a frame.


Saturday was a chilly day and our crew showed up nice and early. Here my dad (in the shorts) and my father-in-law are helping Chuck.


Almost done and I was starting to get excited!


After all of their hard work I thought it was only right to feed the crew.

Nothing better on a chilly day then a nice pot of chili. That was served along with toasted cheese and homemade apple crisp.

I am so happy (and so is Chuck!) to have this project marked off of the list.

It has been a long weekend so I am off to bed. Tomorrow I am going to finish laundry and make some applesauce. I hope that you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

4 comments:

  1. I am sure it was a relief to get that over with..I will be happy when we get moved and can put up a fence for all 4 dogs :)
    Picking up the U Haul tomorrow and will keep loading until we get done and then will head out..over 650 miles with 4 dogs and 3 cats.DH will drive U Haul with our pick up behind on car carrier and I get to follow in the car. Will be glad when it is over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I know the feeling of having to wait till money and time work out but you did it with grace and now it is complete. Good idea to feed the crew - they worked hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Wendi...about money and time coming together...we're working slowly on putting siding on our outbuilding! Glad you're getting it done and what a nice supper for the crew! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be nice to have both time and money? I am a widow and have to hire everything done, I am sad to say I didn't always appreciate all the things my husband did to keep the house maintained. Ladies, appreciate your husbands!! Love the nice meal you made for them....I have that same quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!