Monday, August 09, 2010

Relaxing Weekend

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend. I ended up going to bed with a sore throat on Friday night and not feeling my best the rest of the weekend. Because of that we tried to keep the weekend simple. Just the way I like it!

Friday the tomatoes were finished.


We ended up with 52 pints and 28 quarts of red, delicious juice. Yum!

Abe, one of the little guys I watch, celebrated his 1st Birthday this weekend.


He wasn't sure what to do with all the presents. Not to worry, Megan showed him how it works!

There was finally a break in the whether and we spent some much needed time outside. The grass was cut and tons of weeds were pulled. Due to our poor growing season we went ahead and pulled up most of the garden.


There are tomato plants standing and the rest of the green bean brush has now been hauled away. Thanks to our Amish friends we will have some green beans to can in a few weeks. I sure hope the growing season is better next year!

I had a rough night on Saturday so it was decided that we would sleep in on Sunday morning. I didn't seep late but didn't get dressed until noon! That is something that I rarely do. Most of my day was spend doing this.


Enjoying some fresh air and a good book! Although I am not back to 100% I am feeling better. Sometimes you just have to push through, which is what I will be doing today. Housework, children to care for and hopefully some time to enjoy the sunshine are all on the agenda for today. Hope you have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you were not feeling well. That's no fun....glad you could relax though. My tomatoes are still green...except for one! Your canned goods look terrific. Come say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a great harvest of tomatoes that will last you long after the summer is gone. I love that. How do you keep the tomato bugs off?

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canning looks great! Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. It's great you took the time to rest we all need to do this sometimes.
    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better. Too bad it takes that to make us slow down. It's the same here, too. :)

    Those tomatoes looks scrumptous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!