Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun Days

I saw this idea and thought it was a great idea.

I changed up some of the questions to meet our situation. Tuesday is an off school day and we did it that afternoon. It gave me a change to talk with Megan about her first day. It was a fast easy project and it will be fun to open it up next year and see all of the changes.
The weather had been mild the last few days and it has had a fall feel to it. Spending time outside has been top priority. There have been pretend picnics with "friends."

Plenty of weeds to pull and even some baking has taken place.


One of my favorite wind down things is to sit on the back porch with a cup of hot tea. When it is accompanied by a slice of fresh lemon cake it is even better.

I don't do well when things are complicated and overly busy. It feels good to be able to slow down and enjoy some simple moments.

3 comments:

  1. Tea and cake sounds perfect after a hard day of playing. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Wendi. I love days when I can stay at home and enjoy my kids and all the home life pleasures that I've been blessed with. I really enjoy making our home. This has been one of those summers though that's been busy. With our 5 weeks trip to Ukraine and now I'm running somewhere everyday. But it's okay. It's a short season, and I'm trying to still enjoy all the unfrazzled moments too! And we love picnics in the yard too! I love that quilt Megan is picnicing on! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like good times! Enjoy. :-)
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!