Friday, August 13, 2010

Christmas from the Heart: Family Name Pictures


Well friends it is that time of the year again. You know the time to start thinking about Christmas. I really should have started last month, but you all know how some times the days just get away from you.

I have decided that I am no longer going to be part of the crowd that wanders the mall endlessly searching for just anything to mark someone off of my list. I am longing for a simple Christmas centered on the true meaning... Jesus.

One way to meet this desire to come up with gift ideas that will mean something to the recipient. This is my first idea.


I used word and picked the font that I wanted (I used Bradley Hand ITC) and just played with the font size. It really depends on the length of the family last name. Under the family name I put an established date, which is the date the couple was married. Then I picked out a heart from clip art and centered it. I then add the couples name on either side of the heart and the names of the children under the heart. Under that I added a scripture. I choose 1 Corinthians 16:4 Let all that you do be done in love.

This turned out to be a fairly frugal project. The card stock cost $0.39 and the frame I purchased at Wal-*art for $2.50. Not a bad gift for $2.89!

9 comments:

  1. What a great and thoughtful gift! You are so talented. I hope you didn't let the gift out of the bag by posting it here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! It's been bookmarked for Christmas ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super idea! I need to try it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,
    This looks wonderful and how very thoughtful! I love homemade gifts from the heart! Great job.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love it. I am sure I will copy it this year - hope you don't mind! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this gifting activities very much. It will surely makes me happy. Christmas hampers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I have started thinking about Christmas presents and this one is definitely something I will be able to do on our budget. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simple but lovely idea! One I think I'll be copying too. This is my first visit to your blog so just saying 'hello' aswell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!