Thursday, August 12, 2010

Changes

Funny how life can sometimes take you down a path that you weren't sure you wanted to be on. I guess that I should really be use to this by now. I always intended to have my 2.5 kids by the time I was 35. We all know how well that worked out! Now I am not complaining. God has a plan for my life and I have to admit that it is working out pretty well!!


It has been on my mind for sometime about Megan's schooling. Would she be home schooled or sent off to school? I was pulling for homeschooling, but things just weren't leading down that path. With babysitting I just wasn't able to make the commitment that I needed to. Of course that wasn't the only concern.

My parents brought up schooling on Friday and asked if we were interested in sending Meg to a preschool program at a Christian school. I laid out all of the reason why I didn't think we could. They then laid out all of the reasons that we should.

Chuck and I decided that it was best to go ahead and send her to school. I know how wonderful the program is because two of my nieces went to this school. They use the A Beka curriculum which is something that I had been looking at.

Yesterday I went to do a walk through with the principal. Megan was a little shy at first, but then she warmed up. She finally let go of me and was talking with the principal. She even gave her a hug before we left. How wonderful it was to see that from my separation anxious child!

I keep telling myself that it only for three mornings a week. As I told a friend of mine it isn't about what I want, it is about what is best for Megan. Oh yeah, and also learning that I am not in control!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

  1. Aw, how she is growing! :)
    She will do wonderfully and have such a nice time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi- Christopher went to a wonderful Christian Preschool that used the A Beka program. He can READ now. He doesn't start kindergarten until Tuesday! I have never regretted sending him to school. It was a good choice for our family...
    Sending a child to school, any school, opens up a whole world of serving and leadership opportunities for your family! Even in Christian schools, there are a lot of families who don't know the Lord, or just need to have a real presence of him in their lives! We ministered to so many people over the last two years.
    I am going to miss my "baby" when he starts kindergarten on Tuesday! But I'm excited for all the opportunties that lie ahead for us!
    Megan will have so much fun!!!
    (sorry for such a LONG note!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, sweetie! She is a little doll and the A Beka program is "the best." I used it while homeschooling my kids (now grown).
    I have a story at arise 2 write about my daughter that may be special to you....you will get it! You will understand the "love" I am talking about.
    Hugs and blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tough choice to make! I am so glad that you went into this praying for God's wisdome. I remember many years ago when we sent out son to school. He was fine, I cried all the way home. God will give you peace and she will have a blast working with a group of Christians. Thank you for putting her needs before yours. I know that was hard, but you did it in love. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of my kids went to a Christian preschool. It laid a wonderful foundation for our homeschooling. Megan will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter home schooled her oldest, through second grade, and he second son, through kindergarten using the A Beka program. They then went to a public school and are A students. She started an in-home preschool using the program and did that for several years with great results. I think you will be very happy with the program.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel. I intended to keep my daughter home with me until she started kindergarten - I would like to homeschool but it became apparent very early on that she needed more stimulation than I could give her. She is very social (much more than I am) and likes to be around people. So, at 3 1/2 we sent her to the preschool at our church two mornings a week (the next year we went to three).

    It was hard for both of us at first but every day (even the first) when I picked her up she was happy as could be. She is now in 3rd grade at our local public school (not the ideal situation but it's working for us for now )& doing well, academically and socially.

    I think you made a good decision. Can't wait to hear about Megan's new adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼......................................... ........................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!