Monday, August 23, 2010

Busy Days

I find it hard to believe that it is Monday already. My days have been flying by! Thursday afternoon Megan and I prepped carrots for canning. I peeled them and then she placed them in the sink to wash. It was fun listening to her. She had carrot people doing all sorts of things. She played and played for a long time and I loved listening to her imagination.


Ten pounds of carrots were diced and then 19 pints were canned. . I love the way all of those jars look!

Saturday a few errands were run and then we headed to my father-in-law's for pizza. Once home I worked on things for a family reunion on Sunday. I baked brownies, deviled eggs and prepared beans for baking. Every dish came home empty and I take that as a high compliment.

The reunion is held in a state park about two hours south of where we live. The weather was great and we enjoyed a great time of food, family and fun.
Butterflies were everywhere. Megan and Grandma (Chuck's mom) finally caught one.


There was a long hike taken with Grandpa and cousins.

After all of the excitement of the day Megan was out! She crashed hard.


Today looks to be just as busy. Megan has her first day of school and there is housework, laundry and hopefully time for some weeding. I enjoy a productive day and hope this is one. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    I tried sending you this comment reply as an e-mail, but it said "no reply comment blogger." I think I've e-mailed you before, though?


    Wendi,

    That is amazing! We've never had luck growing carrots. Enjoy your harvest!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those carrots are huge, love the pic of your dd sleeping in her seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture with the butterfly! Awww bless her heart the picture at the end is the best. :-) Wow, that's a lot of carrots! Are they from your garden? Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    You know you will love those carrots when the summer is long over. Great pictures of these last days of summer with Megan.

    Enjoy it all and can't wait to hear how school goes.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love canning. It's hard work but so rewarding! Love the picture of Megan totally knocked out in exhaustion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!