Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blue Sky, Sunshine and


lower temperatures made for a gorgeous Monday! I started laundry and then took the kids for a walk. When we returned I started hanging laundry on the line and we stayed outside until lunch.
After lunch I pulled the ironing board outside while Megan played. I love to iron outside.

We returned inside for a little rest and a snack and then it was out for some more fun.


Chasing shadows while on the swing.


Sitting in the shade making a "salad."

Stay, stay at home, my heart; and rest;
Home-keeping hearts are happiest,
For those that wander they know not where
Are full of trouble and full of care;
To stay at home is best ~ Longfellows "Song"

The quote was in a book that I was recently reading. I really spoke to me. It makes my heart sing when I am able to enjoy a day like this at home. Caring for those I love makes me so happy!

Today is suppose to be another great weather day. Chuck took the day off and we will be heading to the fair soon. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky, I'm lovin' the cooler temps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo! I love to be home too. Reading or cleaning it really doesn't matter to me as long as I am home. What a beautiful poem as well. I am so glad that you truely see how blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great poem, thank you so much for sharing! Have a wonderful time at the fair.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Oh we are praying for the cooler temps we had last week. Now we feel like we are under the magnifying glass and sizzling. No rain or change in the forecast for a while. Enjoy this beautiful time outside!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poem! And the blue of that sky is beautiful! Thanks for a refreshing post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!