Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Beating the Heat

Like so many of you we are dealing with extremely hot weather. Yesterday the heat index was about 106 and it is suppose to be hotter today. We have been finding ways to beat the heat.

Most of the daytime is spent indoors. Yesterday the fun activity was making Kool-Aid play dough.



After dinner I headed out to water flowers. I turned the hose on mist and sprayed Megan a few times. Next thing I know she is running out the door in her swimsuit.


After running through the water for a little while it was time to hit the pool.


Chuck and I ended up getting in also. It was so refreshing! After a quick bath I made Oreo shakes for snack. Yum!


What are you doing to beat the heat?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like some great memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to spend your day! It's definately been hot this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi, I have to laugh that Megan took a bath after being in the pool. =)

    It's super hot and humid here, too, and the mosquitoes have been out in droves even in the morning! Yuk. Yesterday, I made some yummy popsicles--will share the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second picture and how you captured a rainbow on the left side, how sweet! We've been staying in during the day too, crafting, reading, etc! Lots of playdates and the same...pool in the evenings. That oreo shake looks yummy! Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oreo shake looks wonderful. The heat index here is close to 110, sometimes 115 here. We stay indoors or in the car during the day. Some nights last week there were heat advisories until 8pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of her in the pool. How did you make the Oreo shakes..sounds like a dumb question but I am wondering how smooth the oreos get to be able to drink it :)
    Have you ever made salt dough? I want to make some but want it to look primitive..no painting :)
    I wish I could handle running through the hose LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to the pool today! It's been hot here as well! And Kool-Aid playdoh is on our list to make before school starts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!