Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Newest Addition

Megan has been asking to get a fish for a while. When her grandparents asked what to get her for her birthday we suggested they buy the fish. On Sunday afternoon they took her to the pet store and she picked out this little guy.


Meet Flower. She is tickled pink to call Flower her own. She has been showing him off the everyone who stops by.

After I returned home from running some errands on Friday I was greeted by this.


Part of one of our pine trees fell into our neighbors yard and took out a good portion of her maple tree.


One of the first things she says to us is "I hope you have good insurance." We looked at each other and both thought oh no! The she comes over on Sunday and says she is surprised Chuck wasn't out working on the tree (he had to work Saturday) and then tells us that her insurance company said we were negligent for not taking better care of the tree. What! It was a perfectly healthy tree. As our insurance agent said it is an act of God. We have always had a good relationship with this neighbor and have been trying to take the high road through all of this. The thing that we are finding most upsetting is that we never implied that we were not going to take care of the matter and haven't appreciated her attitude.

The tree has been cut up and moved off of her property and Chuck is taking care of her tree that was damaged. He cut off the broken branches and is trying to save some others. I feel that we have done all we can to make it right; maybe even a little above and beyond. Chuck is extremely upset over her behavior and I am trying to keep him calm and to help him realize that this all will pass.

Besides work and the stress of the tree situation we were able to have a little fun. We went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese for my nephew. Megan always has a good time there.


I have started working on some things for Christmas. I hope to have at least one thing finished soon to show you. Have you started working on Christmas projects?

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry for that woman's behavior. We think we can know someone but sometimes they will surprise us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute fishie...how sweet. :) So, thanks for stopping by my blog....just one problem...I accidentally hit the wrong button and I rejected your comment! SORRY...please come back and leave that message again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little fish! My girls had carnival goldfish that actually lived for 1 1/2 years! It was incredible and they got really big. They were so sad though when they passed away, but I told them those fish had a really good life! :-)

    So sorry to hear how your neighbor is responding to the tree. It's not like you could have any control over a tree branch falling, my goodness. I wish you all the best. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the post-it paper from MonicaA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fish! Sorry about the neighbor/tree situation. May your weekend be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!