Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On My Mind

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27


I have this scripture hanging in the window in my kitchen. It has really been on my mind the past several weeks. I don't feel that I have been "watching over the affairs of my household" lately. Now I haven't been "idle" just busy.

Last week Megan went to VBS. I don't think I have mentioned this, but Megan has some separation issues. Last Sunday evening she started in with the crying and saying she didn't want to go. It went on and on. She started in again Monday morning and I put my foot down and told her she had to go that she didn't have a choice. Grandma picked her up each morning and then I picked her jbefore lunch. She went everyday and had a great time. I am so proud of her!

Of course Sunday morning she still didn't want to go to church. She started getting upset as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. VBS has given me hope that we will be able to work through the separation issues.

Two favorites of VBS. Megan has wore her sheep mask almost every night since she made it.


She loves when Daddy plays the Big Bad Wolf and chases her around. The closing program was also a hit. Silly Safari did a program and had this snake for the kids to touch. Yuck!


Yesterday I started the day by putting my kitchen back in order. It makes me smile when my kitchen is neat and tidy!


The weather was beautiful so I washed all of our bedding and extra blankets. I love the smell of linens fresh from the line!


My plan is to make some changes that put my family and home first. It is time to start watching over the affairs of my household. I hope that everyone is having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. good reminder, Wendi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi - I can relate. Life is very busy and sometimes gets in the way of really living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I can relate as well. Want to do things around the house but it's so hot that hubby thinks we should wait. Hope I have the ambition in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your heart, Wendi. I also appreciate you mentioning that Megan has some separation issues. Natalie refuses to go to the church nursery, and until our recent vacation to see family, Eric and I had not sat together in church since Christmas! It's frustrating, and I don't know how much to push her . . . Maybe I should post this and see if anyone has any brilliant insights. (Feel free to share if you do!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, your kitchen looks lovely! Just a thought... I use to be a Director/ Teacher at a Preschool and I know one of the things that seemed to help the children with seperation issues was to let them carry a picture of their parents. We would even make a necklace out of it and laminate it and they could tuck it into their shirt and take it out when they needed comforting. Maybe this could be something that would help. A place to start. I have more ideas if you'd like! Enjoy your evening, I can certainly understand the busyness!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Wendi! Family first - your heart is certainly in the right place! Thank you for the gentle reminder, I need to hear it often.

    I also love the smell of fresh linen off the line, makes me want to wash the sheets everyday!

    Megan is certainly growing up - she is so cute! Sounds like she will adjust just fine, church is a good place to start.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks so nice..I know what you mean about being busy but don't feel like you are acomplishing much. I have been packing everything that we won't need for a while for our move the end of Oct. Since I am having so many problems with my back I try to pack when ever I can just in case it is bad closer to moving.
    It will be nice to have a normal life when moved..It is kind of depressing with so many boxes but also makes me know I will be going home soon.
    Keep up the good work with Megan..time will make it get easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi,

    Your daughter will get better. It just takes time. Your kitchen looks so nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed this post. Hearing about Megan's separation issues made me think of when I was little; I was much the same way. If it's any consolation, I'm pretty much a well-adjusted adult now. :-)

    Some parents have found books such as The Kissing Hand to be helpful.

    Praying for you, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!