Monday, July 19, 2010

Crafting, Matrimony and Preserving

I had a jammed packed weekend. I found time for a little card making.


Megan celebrated her birthday July 1st and I am just now getting to the thank you notes. Yikes!

Saturday afternoon we attended the wedding of Chuck's cousin Melissa.


It was an outside wedding at 3 pm. We stayed for the ceremony but with 90+ degrees and 100% humidity we left shortly after the ceremony. Let's just say it was a little hot!

My parents were out and about and picked up some corn from a farmer selling along side the road. Megan and I joined them in their air conditioned garage for corn shucking.



Mom and I then washed, blanched and cut corn off the cob for the freezer.


I ended up with thirteen quart bags for my freezer. This will taste delicious on a cold winter day!

This week looks to be busy. Megan will be attending VBS every morning this week. Although I won't be volunteering this year (due to babysitting Abe) I will be playing chauffeur. I also hope to make it to the fabric store. I have the crafting bug! I hope everyone has a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! I enjoy scrapbooking and making homemade cards too, as well as many other crafts! Corn looks yummy, we had some yesterday. I hope you have a great week!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    We were in central IN last week, and it certainly was hot and humid!

    It's sweet corn season here--can't wait to run out to a nearby farm to snag some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!