Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Strawberry Sundae Topping

Oh my, this is good stuff!


Crush 12 cups of strawberries in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil and then simmer until soft. Approximately 5-10 minutes. Strain hot through a colander and drain until cool enough to handle. Strain juice through cheesecloth. Discard dry pulp. You should have 4 1/2 - 5 cups of juice.

Combine juice, 6 3/4 cups sugar and 1/2 cups sliced, diced or whole strawberries (whatever your preference is).


Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam. Pour into 4 pint jars and process for 15 minutes in water bath canner.


I plan to use these as some of my Christmas from the Heart gifts. I will be looking for some cute ice cream cups to go with this.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great gift idea and I love the idea of throwing in some sundae cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 開懷幸福的生活,是每個人的夢想~~希望大家都能夠實現!..............................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!