Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Family Fun: Catching Lightening Bugs

For a long time we have been wanting Megan to see the lightening bugs. It is a hard thing to do since it doesn't get dark until so late. Finally I decided we were going to just do it!

It was so much fun! Megan ran around like crazy and Chuck and I laughed and laughed at her antics.


Do you know how hard it is to get pictures at night? Especially of fireflies. If you look close you can see the two little dots that I did catch.


There were so many out that it was really breath taking. Finally Megan was able to catch one. She really wanted to take inside to light up her room.


We convinced her it would be best to let it go. I certainly didn't want to explain if the poor little guy didn't make it through the night. Have you taken time to admire the lightening bugs lately?

7 comments:

  1. What fun!!

    Thank you so very much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to love catching lightning bugs! i remember coming home from a vacation one time and looking out the car window into a field just FULL of them. it was almost like magic!

    glad megan enjoyed catching some and watching them light up! :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read a tidbit in the latest Family Fun magazine about a family who hosts a firefly party.
    Looks like Megan had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have them here in CA but something I've always wanted my daughter to experience. So glad that Megan did.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing, and sometimes catching them when I was a child, in Illinois. Here in Northern Colorado there aren't any, and I do miss them.
    Thanks for sharing.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have definitly noticed the lightening bugs! i keep wanting to take our son out...i think we'll let him stay up one night soon and do just that! i know he'd love it, he loves chasing butterflies around during the daytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!