Monday, May 03, 2010

Some Thoughts


If you have been reading for a while you have probably heard me talk about simplifying. Oh, how I long for a simple, uncomplicated life! One thing that I am learning is that no matter how much you try to simplify you will still encounter times of chaos, stress and bumps in the road.

Sometimes it is just the way it is and sometimes it is self inflicted. One thing that I have a problem with is saying no. I really want to be helpful and sometimes put helping others above the welfare of my own family. I am trying hard to work on this!

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~Confucius

Another thing that I think helps with living a simple life is contentment. It is so easy to have the grass is always greener thought. I have everything I need and then some and need to keep reminding myself of this.

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.~Vernon Howard

It is easy to get stressed by all the little things. As with all things if it is truly the desire of your heart it is worth doing.

5 comments:

  1. I know that I personally have a natural inclination to add stress to my life just by my way of thinking. If you expect perfection and easy-riding all the time, you're sure to be disappointed on a regular basis because that's not this life. I'm learning, though. God's really been speaking to my heart lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. The older I get the more I realize some things are not worth fretting over. Simple is definitely better.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW I make my life more complicated simply beacuse I'm a perfectionist. I don't WANT to be a perfectionist, but it's just my nature.

    I also have a creative streak that can almost never be satisfied. I have to be making something all the time!

    I get to the point where I just have to stop everything, count my blessings and ask God to help me slow down and enjoy those blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as women we tend to take on too much. You are one step ahead if you are recognizing it and being aware so that you don't take on too much in the future. So that is a good thing!

    I have been forced to live life more simply due to health, but it's been a positive thing and I wouldn't want my life any other way now (at least the simple and frugal living part).

    And yes, contentment is key. It truly is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!