Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain


Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other day
We want to go outside and play
Come again some other day


I think Mother Nature is confused. It is suppose to be April showers bring May flowers but that is not the way it has happened. I had plans yesterday to take Megan to pick strawberries. We woke up to more rain. I thought I would outsmart the rain and just go buy them from the farm stand. Nope. Can you guess why? The rain has slowed down the ripening process. Our berry picking and jam making will just have to wait until another day. Sigh. I really don't want to sound like I am whining. I do know that the rain is necessary and am grateful that we are not experiencing flooding. I would just like a little break. Planting my garden and a little sunshine would make me a happy girl. So what are you experiencing... rain or shine?

9 comments:

  1. Rain here too Wendy...it's quite a bummer isn't it?

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of rain. My sister and I were just commenting on how we're also getting typical April weather in May. I need a break in the rain so I can get my herbs in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain up here in NH also! However, I like rain - I get my house clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buckets of rain here! I am getting water in my basement through a crack that is really far underground. That proves how saturated our ground is. Enough already...
    Our strawberry picking started this weekend. We need to get there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in No. Kentucky, lots of rain! Can't get a thing done outside! Am really hoping for a sunny day on JUne 12, my son's 4th birthday party is that day, a baseball party, which needs to be outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of rain in TN. We got so much last weekend that some of the people affected by our recent flood were getting a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi,

    We have had nothing but perpetual sunshine. I guess that is why so many people move to California, for me I need more rain. Can you send it over here?

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definately rain today..... but it's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definately rain today. And hopefully tomorrow... my lawn needs it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!