Monday, May 24, 2010

Making Memories

Megan is a lucky little girl and has three sets of grandparents. I love that they are all involved in her life; each adding something special.

Meet Grandma (Chuck's mom), who Megan refers to as My Grandma!


The two of them have a very special bond. Grandma likes to stop by after work and pick Megan up for a few hours. They have a routine that involves stopping by the store to pick the makings for dinner. The most important item they purchase is cookie dough!

When we go to pick up Megan we are usually treated to a cookie. One night Grandma mentions that cookies are starting to stick to her sheets. I tucked that little bit of information away for later.

For Mother's Day I purchased her two new air bake cookie sheets. Then I asked Megan to tell me all about the cookies from Grandmas. She tells me that after dinner Grandpa brings out the cookie dough and cuts it with a sharp knife. Then she gets to eat one cookie dough and Grandpa eats two. That Grandma's job is to put the cookies in the oven. She goes on to tell me the best part of going to Grandma's is the cookie dough!

Obviously I know that she likes more then cookie dough about going to Grandma's. What I do know is that making cookies is becoming a very special memory for her. To preserve this memory and to let Grandma & Grandpa know how much it means to Meg we made a story book to go along with the cookie sheets.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. ~Proverbs 4:23

We are very particular of the influences in Megan's life and are so grateful that she has Grandma in her life. She is kind, caring, godly and loves our little girl so much!

6 comments:

  1. oh...that is such a sweet story! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet and makes me wonder if my Grandkids who are now grown have any special memories of me "Nana" I baby sat quite a few of them while their parents worked and they were old enough to stay home alone. I never hear from them now that they are older..makes me sad sometimes.
    Check out my blog and sign up for my give away and check out my sale items when you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post! And who doesn't love cookie dough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    Its so glad that you have your parents to help in Megan's life and show her how much value and love that they have for one another. What a special way to create memories with one another.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.

    http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!