Friday, May 14, 2010

Gardening, Cooking and a Project

While walking through the yard I noticed that there were baby grapes on my vine!


I am so hopeful that I will get a good harvest this year. Last year the weather wasn't great for them and they died right before harvest. I really need to make some jelly this year since my stash is close to gone.

I have also been busy stocking lunches in the freezer. I made up a batch of sloppy joe and thought I would share with you the way the freeze it.


For any loose meat I will use my wonderful ice cream scoop and then place scoops on a cookie sheet. After I flash freeze them I put them in a freezer bag. I can grab a couple of scoops for Chuck's sandwich and they are thawed and ready by lunch time.

We have also been busy using up the last of our fencing. I have wanted a potting bench for a long time!


It is a little more then half way complete. There is a shelf to add to the upper section and then some painting. When I add the fun finishing touches I will share a picture.

I am off to do a quick pick up of the house and do the last load of laundry. I hope to run out and get some flowers. I am itching to get some planting done. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Great idear to freeze the sloppy joe mix like that! Will do that myself and I really love the potting bench - can't wait to see your majic touch on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea with the sloppy joe! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really making good use of the fencing! I love the potting bench. It will make potting/transplanting more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up my dad had a grape arbor in our backyard. I had not thought of that in years. Thanks for triggering the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great idea to freeze the sloppy joes that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!