Monday, April 26, 2010

Whipped Cream

For a long time I was under the impression that making whipped cream from scratch would be time consuming. Not so. It is fast and super easy.


2 cups heavy whipping cream (approx 2 cups in a one pint container)
3 tbs sugar
3 tsp vanilla

Start mixing on slow and gradually go to the fasted speed. Whip until peaks form.

I used this for a fruit salad I took to a pitch in on Sunday. I added half a pint of blueberries, 2 lbs sliced strawberries, 2 cans drained mandarin oranges, 2 apples diced. I placed the apples in lemon juice as I diced them to prevent browning. After mixed together I added 3/4 of the fruit into a dish. Added 3/4 of the whipped cream and repeated. I saved out some of the fruit for garnish.


If you have left over whipped cream you can use your cake decorating tip to freeze dollops. These are good to pull out and use on the top of hot chocolate or warm pie. Just don't thaw before using because it loses it's texture. I have also heard that the next day you can whip the whipped cream again to bring back the light, fluffy texture. I haven't tried this.

The taste of homemade whipped cream does not even compare to the store bought stuff. This is the only whipped cream that Megan will eat. Do you make your own whipped cream?

5 comments:

  1. I will have to give it a try; you make it sound easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will now ;)
    I am trying to make more things at home. Thank you for sharing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make my own, but always get nervous and just buy the old icky Cool Whip instead. I need to get over my fear and do this!! (I'm still in fear over homemade marshmallows, too!!!)

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried but would have to imagine that the taste has got to be better than store bought with all the preservatives in it. Thanks for passing along the recipe.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do make my own whipped cream occasionally. My kitchen aide makes it pretty easy!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!