Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome Spring!

Ah, Spring. I welcome you with open arms! Sunshine, warming breezes, rain showers, greening grass, garden planting, birds singing. Everything fresh and new. This is my favorite season. It just makes my heart sing!

Come in and see my springtime touches.


A basket filled with some vibrate silk flower. I hung this basket using some black and white gingham ribbon. This is a new love of mine! I love that this basket will be able to stay up all through summer.

My kitchen window. (Please excuse the lighting. The bright spring sun made it hard to photograph.)


A S-P-R-I-N-G banner, cute wooden bunnies and some pansies added to my flower pots.

I finally decided what to do with my bread board. I thought staining it was best. I like how the wood grain shows and think over time this will look old and well loved.



I picked up the Farm Fresh Produce tote at Jo Ann's. I added three Mason jars filled with some fresh spring flowers along with a gingham bow. A homemade kitchen towel, some bunnies and a berry candle on my cutting board.


I keep the kitchen table very simple. A glass bowel of speckled eggs sitting on my Lazy Susan.


A stacking hat box bunny on top of my hutch.


As you step out the front door this little guy is there to wish you well.

Hope you enjoyed the tour. Happy Spring!

12 comments:

  1. Looks great, Wendi! I love the basket of flowers on your front door and the wooden crate with mason jars and flowers! It appears we have the same wallpapering in our entryways! The red gingham stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Hope you have an awesome day.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendi!

    Ooooh - I love that basket, such beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the basket on the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing these decorations, Wendi. Monica and I were just discussing that neither have us have many spring decor items. Where did you get those speckled eggs? Very cute!

    We "celebrated" the first day of spring with 8 inches of snow (in Kansas City)--boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    I think you have just inspired me to get my house all decorated for the spring. I love all the fresh flowers!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the basket on your door. I hope to get all my easter stuff this week- I'd better since I don't have much longer until the day is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too fun very creative!
    I Love the basket on your door so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not commenting on your super-cute decorations! :)

    Because of your heart for adoption, I wanted to send you a link to the book Orphans and the Fatherless. I think you might enjoy it!

    (Sorry if I'm breaking blogger protocol...I'd rather email you...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely touches to bring the season indoors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!