Thursday, March 04, 2010

Shelf Makeover

I have slowly working on making some changes in my living room. I already had this shelf and decided to paint it to match the lower half of my wallpaper. I looked for a before picture and could not find one. It was previously in this spot and sported a natural wood look. I would love to update it even more by getting rid of the hearts. All in good time.




I took a basket that flowers were delivered in years ago and added a black and white gingham ribbon. A jar filled with old wooden spools of thread and a crock on the other side.


On one end there is this plate that I picked up at Flower Factory. It says "Family -all because two people fell in love."


The other end of the shelf holds the star that Chuck and I made. I love that the only thing purchased for this makeover was the plate.

If you haven't signed up for my giveaway be sure to scroll down to yesterdays post.

5 comments:

  1. Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color for the shelf!

    You could cut out some thin wood stars and put them over the hearts. We have two end tables that had heart cut outs (back when hearts were THE THING!) and we covered them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,

    I love all your cute stuff. I remember being like this so long ago and these things bring back warm feelings for me.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Great color..I have a shelf just like that and will do the same thing and might do it in Hunter Green..not sure but it really looks great...you did a nice job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wendy, I love how the star turned out! My email is canneholt@yahoo.com

    Carey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!