Friday, March 26, 2010

Preserving Child Artwork

It seems that I can't get my act together and blog everyday. Life is moving along quickly and I can't seem to get my projects complete and my act together. I hope to remedy this problem very soon!

I am sure that I am not the only one with my everyday challenge of what to do with all of Megan's artwork. She is a very crafty girl. Painting, drawing and creating is one of her favorite things to do.

Some of her work ends up on the board in her room, but most of it ends up on the frig. With a little guy in the house that is crawling and pulling up on everything this was no longer working. Some special pieces ended up destroyed.

My solutions was to make her artwork part of the decor.


Using a piece of scrapbook paper for the mat I cut out a shape that went with the decor in my home. I used the pattern of prim star. I then cut out part of her painting to fit in the frame.


This is still a work in progress. I plan to use a total of four frames. I will be painting them black and then finding a home for them in my kitchen. Once I have it all together I will post a picture.

4 comments:

  1. You do have it all together, Wendi. Is it more important for you to provide moments for Megan to craft or make sure to post about it everyday on your blog? Yes, indeed, you have your priorities in order. If we don't see a post from you on a particular day, we will simply imagine all of the wonderful moments that are taking place in your home that day.
    We have a large bulletin board that hangs on a wall next to our kitchen table. My husband made it from a large frame (4 pieces of trim) and cork squares backed with plywood. It displays my kids' school papers and any crafting they have done that week. Daddy gets to see them and comment on their good work. On Monday, I clear off the board to make way for the new week's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't seem to always post every day either. Don't feel bad. We're living life and making a home for our loved ones.

    That's a cute idea for the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever, and looks great.
    I'm sure Megan is proud to see her art work on the walls.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat idea, Wendi.

    You may recall that I used to feel self-inflicted pressure to post every day. Once I made the decision to post twice a week (or as often as I can/want to), I felt a lot of freedom and have had more fun with blogging, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!