Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baking Powder Biscuits

For the past few days Chuck has been off work due to a minor procedure he had on his foot. It is always nice having him home. He made breakfast yesterday and I cracked up when I saw that he had made these.


Oh the memories these brought back. As a child my dad would often make dinner. It seemed that every time Daddy made dinner he made these biscuits. I remember sitting in the living room doing homework or watching TV... either The Brady Bunch or The Flintstones... while dinner was being made. I hadn't thought about it for years. Thanks Chuck for triggering a great childhood memory!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love when things in life trigger wonderful childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to reminisce? The biscuits look wonderful! I remember making baking powder biscuits once, and putting in baking soda instead of baking powder - I was probably 12 years old. Boy, were we all shocked!!

    Thanks for sharing your memories!

    Blessings,

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy
    That is so sweet :) I like your blog,it's simplicity yet has beautiful moments that can be shared. I would like to share a blog award with you. Do check it out at http://blindperfect.blogspot.com/
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm. Those look good. I don't think I've ever had them though.

    For me, cheesy scrambled eggs always remind me of my Great-Grandma. She used to always makes those for me and let me tear up the cheese!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!