Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Fun!

Hope this finds everyone doing well. I wasn't around much last week because I was feeling a little under the weather. Just a cold, but it made me so tired. I am still dragging a little. I hope I get all of my energy back today.

Before going to bed Saturday night I set the table for Sunday's breakfast.


Megan was excited when she saw the table. She keep saying "who did this?"

On the menu was Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins and


apple slices shaped like hearts.


We also spent a little time last week making Daddy his valentine.


Just a simple celebration to let my family know how much they mean to me.


Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

Preheat oven to 350*
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix just until wet. Add to greased muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Topping
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 t cinnamon

Mix cinnamon and sugar together. While muffins are hot dip top into butter and then into sugar mixture. Makes 10 muffins.

These muffins are fantastic! I saw some versions that added 1 tsp jam to middle. I only had grape jelly so I skipped that. I can see adding apple butter or a cinnamon strudel to the middle. Yummy! These are certainly a keeper.

7 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    I had just two posts in my fee reader this morning, and they were both titled the same (yours and Monicas!), and both filled with cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your family felt loved! Those muffins look delicious and what a cute idea to cut the apples into heart-shapes instead of the usual slices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious ideas.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    I absolutely love all the creativity and love that went into your Valentine's Day preparations. I've already captured the recipe for these muffins and can't wait to make them.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you did! I love the apples slices and the little donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looked so cute! Those muffins look great, I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those muffins sound wonderful! Looks you like you had a sweet Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!