Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Steakhouse Soup


1 lb steak of choice (I used round steak)
olive oil
beef broth
water
salt
pepper
4 lg potatoes

Cut steak into cubes, brown in a little olive oil with salt and pepper. Add a can of beef broth and water to cover meat. Allow to boil over medium heat; adding water as needed. I let my meat cook for 2-3 hours. Add potatoes. Cook until very tender. Add salt & pepper to taste.

This is a yummy soup that is sure to please a meat and potato man. I usually serve this with a salad and some yummy rolls to sop up all the wonderful broth. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yummmmmm sounds delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or toss in a crockpot and forget it for 6 hours. I love that kind of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying this one soon. I've been looking for a new easy soup and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    This sounds so yummy and warm. I would add some onions and carrots just to up the veggie intake for all of us.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YUM! That looks like a very satisfying cold weather meal. I'm going to give it a try. I bet it is very versatile too, as you could probably add desired veggies as well. My hubby would love it with the warm, homemade bread to sop up the soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    By the way if you have a moment, I have an award just for you on my blog today.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!