Friday, February 05, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven: Time to Plan


When I saw the subject Monica had planned for this week I was very happy. I am the kind of gal who likes to plan and make list. Marking something off of a list gives me great pleasure! It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something.

Planning has fallen to the wayside and my home certainly reflects this. I spent a little time this week planning out what I want my daily and monthly chores to look like. After planning it out I made a list in excel.


I have certain days that I clean each room and this will help me not to feel so overwhelmed. Especially since I have a habit of trying to do it all at once and then getting stressed out!

Each night after dinner I have been pulling out my list for the next day. I then write anything additional I would like to accomplish that day or any appointments or errands. This is working out great!



Thank for the motivation!

5 comments:

  1. Wendy,

    I've been looking around for weekly plans/routines to keep the house clean on the internet. I'm interested in older ways and newer modern ideas too. I have been a long follower of flylady.net but I feel overwhelmed cleaning 3400 sq. feet all at once so I break thing up. I will probably be blogging about this soon too. I've been trying to better about my zones too. Great charts by the way!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a list maker at all! I make grocery lists, and if we are expecting company I make a "to do" list and everyone gets a job assigned to them.

    I just sort of go around and do whatever needs to be done at that particular time. I'd like to try a routine just to see how it feels - I may give it a try next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Wendi! I love how you thought through your list and came up with this which will be a great tool in planning!

    Have a great weekend!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I'm pretty faithful about menu planning, somewhat faithful about school planning, but the cleaning planning hasn't well done so good...I need to get a system at some point!

    Thanks for sharing, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very organized. Great lists!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!