Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter Joys

I am starting to feel the winter blahs set in. All of our snow has melted and we have been having lots of fog. It just seems so gray and dreary. I have also been experiencing a little cabin fever. To help combat this I thought I would list some things that I find joyous about winter.


The smell of a fabulous candle and the warm glow in the evening.


The beauty of fresh snow falling.


Using my iron skillet to make a warm, comforting meal.


Making a meal with veggies canned fresh from my garden.


The anticipation of a fresh baked muffin.

I hope that you are finding ways to feel joyous about your winter days.

7 comments:

  1. thanks, Wendi!! The only thing I find joyous in the winter is wearing my sweater collection...otherwise, its YUK!! but it grows shorter with each passing day! Hmmm...I wonder if the sun is still out there????? hah, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,

    I like your idea, looking at the positive side of things. It's really hard when it's dreary. We just had the prettiest sunrise due to the clouds here and now all I see is clouds and gray, ugh! Oh well hopefully we'll see the sun again someday.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this uplifting post. I love all those things about winter too! Sometimes you just have to intentionally look for the warm, cozy things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading a good book by the warm fire and playing trains with my grandbaby.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand those feelings, Wendi!

    Some of my favs are a good book or movie curled up under a quilt...bright fresh flowers or plant...snuggling with the kids in our warm jammies! :)

    Hoping your day is filled with sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter can give you the blues - but you have certainly warmed up my day! I also love to light a yummy candle and cook my favorite comfort food, what a way to shoo away the blues! Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many ways, a good book, hot chocolate cruling up under a warm blanket and watching an old movie. Great post...m.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!