Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snack Fun!

Being in day after day with the same routine can get old. I have been trying to spice things up a little for Megan. Last night I told her I was making a special snack for her.


Most evenings her snack is fruit. Last night I decided to dice up a variety of fresh fruit and place it on a skewer.



Saying she was happy is an understatement. When I showed it to her she was jumping up and down and saying how much she loved her surprise snack. It made me smile to think that this simple gesture meant so much to her.

What things are you doing to spice up the routine?

5 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Now that is one creative way to get our kids to eat their fruit. Have you tried using cookie cutters on their favorite sandwiches too to make them more fun to eat?


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. Don't you love being reminded of simple pleasures? It encourages me to have a tender and pure heart, like that of a child. I love that you are always thinking of small and creative ways to serve your family and show them love.

    Those strawberries look so good! The ones at our market have looked awful, and been so expensive lately! They are my daughter's favorite, and we have been so long without fresh ones. I did splurge on some fresh blueberries this week, and that was a huge hit. Hard to skewer those, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! Just a simple change in routine can bring so much joy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, Wendi. We could use a little *spice* around here.

    I just made a list of activities to do with Nathan, using The Preschooler's Busy Book. An idea we tried yesterday was cleaning coins. I gave Nathan a tub of soapy water, a scrub brush, and a handful of coins, and he went to work cleaning them. He liked it, and I let him choose a shiny penny for his bank.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!