Monday, January 18, 2010

Proverbs 31

While out running some errands I was listening to the radio. I don't know about you but sometimes the radio is on but I am not really listening. It is on more out of habit and tends to be background noise. Something caught my attention. There was a short segment about being a Proverbs 31 Woman.

She was talking about how about how stressed and overwhelmed she sometimes feels. About her endless to do list and the schedule full of outside activities. About how at the end of the day or week she will feel like a failure. Sound familiar? It certainly does to me. That got me thinking about what it really means to be a Proverbs 31 women.

I found this site and a list of The Seven Principles of the Proverbs 31 Woman

The Proverbs 31 Woman...

*Pursues an ongoing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

*Loves, honors, and greatly enriches the life of her husband, encouraging and supporting his leadership within his family and his church.

*Nurtures the next generation, shaping and molding the children who will one day define who we are as a community and as a nation.

*Creates a warm and loving environment for family and friends.

*Is a faithful steward of the time and money God has entrusted to her.

*Speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction as she encourages others and develops godly friendships.

*Shares the love of Christ by extending her hands to help the poor and opening her arms to the needy.

Virtues that I certainly want in my life. Living that stressed overwhelmed life is not fun. Feeling like a failure is not fun. Look for more post about this as I ponder this and what it means to my daily life.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Wendi. What a great list to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post today. How important it is for us to center our life around Christ and to strive to have Christlike qualities. Not only does it benefit and help make us better moms, sisters and friends, it will certainly make everyone who comes in contact with us feel His love. Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wendi, that was a great post. I will check out the website, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post. :) Stop on over for a visit soon. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!