Friday, January 15, 2010

Help for Haiti

When I first read about the earthquake and how large it was I knew right away that Haiti would need all the prayers and assistance it could get. As I have watched bits and pieces on the news my heart just aches for all the Haitian people are enduring. Thankfully I have never had to live through such a a traumatic event and pray I never do.

Giving has been on my heart for some time and when I saw what Crystal was proposing to do I knew I had to help. For everyone that blogs about how they are helping Crystal is going to donate $10 to Compassion International.

As most of you know I do some babysitting. My long time family only use me a couple of hours here and there. When their shifts overlap. I donated half of what I made watching Connor this week to Compassion. It is only a meager $17. How I wish it could be so much more.

I have found the blog community to be kind and caring. It may seem that my $17 is not much, but combine that with all the other bloggers giving $5 or $10 and I know we can make a difference.

6 comments:

  1. absolutely Wendi...we forget that so much of the world lives on just dollars per day..I heard Haitians live on 2.00/day! 17.00 is not meager...
    If every American just gave one dollar, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://christianfrugalmama.blogspot.com/2010/01/giving-hope-to-haiti.html

    I blogged and will give $0.25/comment or link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every bit helps and your $17 will make a difference. Thanks for linking up to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog title!! We're excited to be joining to help raise support and would love it if you and your readers would link up/comment at Savings & Stewardship where we're donating $1 to World Vision for every entry!

    http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com/2010/01/haiti-needs-our-help.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that many people in Haiti only make $1 a day for a living...so to have that $17 will be such a blessing for whatever God uses it for! You are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims by taking time to link up with other blogs.

    I'm giving $10 eCOUPONs to my online gift store Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) to those that have donated to organizations helping the Haitian earthquake victims. When the eCOUPON is redeemed, 10% of the purchase will also be donated to organizations helping Haiti. Read my blog for more details at http:/bit.ly/DONATE2HAITI on how you can receive your eCOUPON for donating.

    For bloggers raising awareness or making donations for comments or links made and you want to thank those that have contributed to your blog, contact me at info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com to a eCOUPON you can give those that have help you give.

    Don't forget to contact me to receive your eCOUPON for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!