Thursday, January 07, 2010

Frosty the Cookie Jar

While putting Christmas things away Megan found my snowman cookie jar. When you take the top off and turn it upside down it plays Frosty the Snowman. She was super excited. Since we are entering the frostiest days of the year we keep it out.


Since then Megan has been begging to make cookies and fill up Frosty. Yesterday afternoon we made a match of Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies.


Cream 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup of sugar. Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix together 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt. Add to butter mixture. Once mixed add 3 cups of quick oats. If desired you could add 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, dried cranberries. Really anything you want. Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes.

I have been searching the net for a healthier version of these cookies. If anyone has a healthier tried and true recipe I would love to give it a try. Also, has any baked with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sticks?

5 comments:

  1. Cute cookie jar! I am sure she will enjoy it.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Oh how much fun does this make getting through the remainder of winter, filled with cookies and music as well.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might try the Splenda for baking instead of the sugar. I make whole wheat bread with just a fraction of the bread flour to make it healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and it plays music. Wonderful!!!!...m.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!