Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge


I have been watching the post about this challenge. I was intrigued from the start, but wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to do. The more I thought about it the more I knew I wanted to do this.

I am one that keeps a well stocked freezer and pantry. When I find a good deal on staples I stock up. With a goal to change the way I eat and feed my family I thought this would be a great time to use up what we have, donate some items that will no longer fit into our new style of eating and to give us somewhat of a fresh start.

Sunday we had dinner out for my niece, Lauren's 8th birthday and then last night we ate at my mother-in-law's. Here is my menu from tonight through Saturday.

Tuesday: Steak, baked potato & salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Breast, Green Beans & Carrots
Thursday: Pot Roast
Friday: Spaghetti, Bread & Salad
Saturday: Vegetable Beef Soup (starting with the leftovers from pot roast)

*I always make sure to add a fruit and veggie if needed for Megan's plate*

I know that I will need to make a trip to grocery for milk and fresh produce. It is those little trips and asking hubby to stop by the store to pick up an item that tend to blow my grocery budget. I am looking forward to cleaning out some things and only buying those things that are a necessity.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Wendi!! this will be fun (at least for the first couple of weeks!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea, I try to do this when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    I love looking through other families menus! It truly helps me to decide what to make some days when you can't think of anything.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi, although it's just me and my son, I am also someone who is a crazy coupon clipper and CVSer/Walgreener (such a word??). If I can get something free or nearly free, I get it. That's why I wanted to do this; to see just how long my stockpile will last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do this, it's a way to get rid of what's in my pantry and save money at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It truly helps me to decide what to make some days when you can't think of anything.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!