Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Well, not quite. One of the things that I am changing with trying to be more healthly is breakfast. I admit that I would sometimes skip it all together or eat some overly sugary cereal. Not good. Especially since I always feel terrible about 45 minutes after I eat the sugary stuff.

Here are some of the things that I have been eating.


Peanut Butter Granola cereal courtesy of Mrs. U. Megan rated this as "yummy!"


Baked Oatmeal. Not bad. Next time I will add some cinnamon and raisins. Along with a little more brown sugar on top.


Classic scrambled eggs and


hard boiled eggs.

I have also been eating an orange. Oh, they are so good this time of year! Add in a couple varieties of toast and that is what's for breakfast. On the weekend I sometimes make a larger breakfast since the whole family is together.

I would love to hear what everyone is eating for breakfast.

8 comments:

  1. I am bad at breakfast...mainly, I just drink some coffee.

    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great breakfast ideas!

    I can't eat sugar either - zaps my energy and gives me terrible headaches. I sprinkle Truvia on my cereal to sweeten it a little. We're big cereal eaters here! We have peanut butter and banana toast sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have a piece of fruit and cereal (raisin bran, cherrios, etc) or oatmeal. Pretty mundane but it usually keeps me going until lunch. On the rare occasion I eat something sugary (poptart, donut) I am famished all day. Baked oatmeal sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast is such an important meal - these are great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    I printed off a baked oatmeal recipe over a year ago and haven't tried it yet!

    I always eat breakfast--usually a couple of muffins, Kashi cereal or oatmeal. Nathan loves muffins, so I make a different variety almost every week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the winter we eat a lot of rolled oats! :) I usually eat mine with honey & cinnamon or a bit of real maple syrup...the kids & hubby eat it with brown sugar. We all put a dash of milk over it! YUM! I do sometimes make baked oatmeal, my Noah LOVES it...my recipe actually has a lot of sugar in it though. We eat eggs & turkey bacon, ww pancakes or waffles. Once in a blue moon we have a quiche or breakfast casserole! We do eat cold cereal too but usually like Wheaties or Kix...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean - I'm also on the quest for healthy breakfast recipes! I thought I'd share two
    of the ones I found with you:

    I'm not sure if the following recipe is perfectly healthy - but it is healthier than most muffins...

    How do banana muffins sound? All you need are 2 eggs, 3 bananas, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp baking soda =) Mix the first 2 ingredients in one bowl - Mix the last 4 four in another bowl. Stir the first mixture into the last mixture and pour into lightly greased muffins cups. You can add nuts if you'd like...and then bake 'em for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees =)

    I've tried these for my brothers, experimenting a little (added a banana to make it more moist) and they liked them.

    If you're not really fond of banana muffins, how about milk toast? It's basically toasted bread dipped in milk. You can top the bread with sugar if you'd like =)

    Love your blog! Hope your week goes well =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!