Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And So It Begins

The organizing and purging has begun! It has been on my list for a while and I just keep saying tomorrow. I will get to that tomorrow. We'll tomorrow has come. Why, the sudden urgency? I will tell you in a minute.

This is the cabinet where it has all begun. This is next to my stove and where I keep spices, baking items and our cracker stash. It was stuffed so full that when I reached for something that things were literary falling out!


While reaching for some baking soda a jar fell out and hit my stove.


Not only hitting it, but damaging it. I was unhappy, but had no one to blame but myself. I was just grateful that it hit the side and not the glass stovetop.


This cabinet is now clean, organized and looking fresh. Next on my list is the cabinet holding my cookbooks and recipe binder.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for all of the birthday wishes.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Organizing is a hard to start job...but it's so nice when it's done! I'm tackling a closet today. I'm actually looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had a white stove, and some finish got chipped off, I used
    "correction fluid" that is/was used to correct errors, on paper, with the old typewriters. I think it is still available. It wasn't a perfect fix, but looked better than black showing through.

    Must be the season for pantry organization. I did the same thing Saturday. It is so nice to find things that were impossible to see before the reorganization.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    So unhappy and relating to you about your stove. I would be so devastated. I know you can also get some stove top paint and repaint the top if you need too!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your last name, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,

    I can relate, my pantry is a mess right now.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!