Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Cookie...

Mexican Wedding Cake


or Russian Tea Cookies. Whatever you call them they are my favorite! They are only made at Christmas and that makes so special. Mom came over yesterday and we whipped up a batch.

Preheat oven to 350*
Cream 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup chopped pecans. Roll into balls about the size of a small walnut. Bake for 12 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.

I usually roll them about three times and then sprinkle extra powdered sugar over the top when storing. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

5 comments:

Genesa said...

Yum! These are one of my favorites too! My mil makes them every year!

Ginger said...

I love spritz cookies with almond extract and cut out with cutters. The recipe from my childhood came from a 1950s cookbook Mother had. We then frosted them.

american girl primitives said...

This is a favorite cookie of mine but I haven't ever made them, kinda strange huh? since I bake a lot. I'll give these a try.

Carey

*carrie* said...

Mmmm. I love these, too! I'd vote these my favorite or cut-outs. Eric likes the peanut butter kiss ones.

Jason and Danielle said...

I made these for desert tonight and they were such a hit!