Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Not bad considering it is the last week in November. It should be close to fifty and sunny. For today anyway. I hear that is changing very soon.

One of my simple pleasures:

Hearing Megan and Daddy laughing while out in the garage. Makes me smile everytime.

On my bedside table:
Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury. It is the first book in the Sunrise Series. I hope I can finally finish this book.

On my TV:
Some Disney or PBS this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Beef & Noodles, Green Beans, Rolls

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep Kitchen

Wipe out oven
Get Christmas cards ready to mail
Schooling
Babysit

Crafting

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Garland

Looking forward to:
Thanksgiving with family


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Make sure the snow shovels are handy, you have plenty of salt/sand and that the snow boots still fit. It is frustrating to have the first snowfall (while hubby is at work) and you can't find the shovel.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.

Favorite photo from last week:






My nieces with Megan.


Lesson learned the past few days:


I can't make everyone happy.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian. He is serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Please stop by and visit
Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!













10 comments:

  1. What a great picture! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting my Christmas letters ready too, Wendi! The earliest ever for me! WOOHOO! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Happiest Monday to you too!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am stopping by to say hello to a fellow happy homemaker.. My littlest brother is adopted from Korea.. he completed our family for sure!.. That is so true about the snow.. we just recently moved back to texas from Colorado and wow.. we had 500 inches of snow the winter we were there.. no exaggeration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Love this post and your weather. We just received news that our weather will be in the mid 70's here in California. I mean seriously how fall like does that feel?


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great thanksgiving love your post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture, so cute :)

    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Wendi! I just wanted to let you know that if you go to www.glennbeckclips.com you can see the videos of his shows since you can't watch them on FOX. :) They are truly, truly worth watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture of the girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Diary of Stay at home mom's happy homemaker monday blog post. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!