Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
In the upper 40's this morning and should be in the mid 50's this afternoon. Rain is in the forecast and I think a cozy rainy day sounds perfect!

One of my simple pleasures:
Taking a walk with my family.

On my bedside table:
Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury. It is the first book in the Sunrise Series.

On my TV:
Some Disney or PBS this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Chili & Cornbread

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Schooling
Babysit

Crafting

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Garland
Tree Topper

Looking forward to:
Cleaning my carpet

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Can't think of any at the moment.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.

Favorite photo from last week:



Are we starting to think about Christmas gifts?

Lesson learned the past few days:
When something goes wrong not to assure the worst. The heat went out in my Blazer the end last winter. Chuck has been researching possible fixes and so far nothing had worked. I keep thinking that we would have to take it to the shop soon and it would be expensive. Chuck took the entire dash off the weekend and tried everything to get it working. He finally realized that it was the heater core. Before taking it in to have it replaced he tried one more thing. He flushed out the heater core and then the heat worked. Yeah! All weekend I have been assuming the worst.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian. He is serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Please stop by and visit
Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!









3 comments:

  1. Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili and cornbread sound so yummy; but, it's 80 or so here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since our temperatures have been hovering around the 30's this dinner of chili and cornbread sounds so comforting.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!