Monday, November 02, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 40's. I hope there will be plenty of sunshine.


One of my simple pleasures:
A clean house. I love the way it smells (like pledge) and how pretty it looks. Trust me, it doesn't last long around here.

On my bedside table:
Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury. It is the first book in the Sunrise Series.

On my TV:
Some Disney or PBS this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
BBQ Chicken, Cheesy Bacon Potatoes, Green Beans

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Schooling
Babysit

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Nothing new. I still need to finish Christmas gift tags and think about Christmas cards.


Looking forward to:
Menu planning.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
For tough clothing stains I will hand wash the spot and then let it soak in cold water until I can get it in the washer.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.

Favorite photo from last week:


Treats at Grandma & Grandpa's house are the best!

Lesson learned the past few days:
How important menu planning is. I find that when I don't do it that we eat out more or eat less of a balanced meal. I am going to try making a monthly menu instead of weekly.


On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian. He is serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it: For He has not pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed - better not to vow than to vow and not pay. Acts 5:4


Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wanting to try a monthly menu plan too. I think it would save me a lot of time once I got it going, especially for November and December, since we'll be so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scripture. Megan was adorable!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday! The dress up pic is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute witch!

    I like the idea of a monthly menu plan. I will definitely give it a try. It has been hard for me to keep up with a weekly one for some reason. Thanks!

    Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a monthly meal plan, and my goodness it is SO much easier. I still only shop once a week though...

    In the picture-is that an old sewing machine table? Its pretty! And she is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable photo!! I loved the Sunrise series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendi,

    I too, am going to begin my menu planning. It will help me be more organized and my family will know whats for dinner without asking.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Monday Wendi. I love the photo, she looked adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I do not have a menu we spend so much more on food than we should of. I love your scripture. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!